My 15 month old have the flu and all she do is cry is there something I can do to help her out??

All her doctor told me is to like her drink and eat but she do not want nothing

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 4:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep her comfortable and watch her temperature. It has to run it's course.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You really do just have to let it run its course. Keep her hydrated. Pedialite works really well. You could put a cool rag on her forhead, put a movie on and just ride it out. I know it's no fun but it will pass. Good luck!
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 5:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree. And keep her fluids up if possible too. : ) Good luck momma, thats no fun.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You could try giving her a popsicle. Pedialyte makes them (so do stores, so you don't have to buy the name brand). If she will suck on a wet rag or ice chips, give her those. Are you giving her tylenol or ibuprofen? Ask your doctor what the correct dose is for her. This will really help her feel better.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Follow up with the doc. This is what my doc had us do recently, but it was viral but not the flu. emetrol will help control the vomiting. Also, do pedialite in small doses -- maybe half an ounce every 15 - 30 minutes. Do the emetrol first though. It's OTC. They also have Florastore kids OTC that will help will the digestive track and should slow the diarrhea. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. Just offer small quantities at a time and not very often. Again, please double check with yoru doc incase these drugs aren't right for your child.
    Anonymous