My Husband & I want to adopt .We need help where to turn any help would be appreciated

roxiede

Asked by roxiede at 5:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Adoption

• You can google the adoption agencies around your area. We went through our city adoption agency. It depends if you want to spend money or not. We would have loved to adopt a little girl from china but the cost was way tooooo much for us. We would have had to take a 2nd out on our house. When we went throught the City of Los Angeles, the adoption process was long but it didn't cost us anything. We even got reimbursed for the court cost we put out. Hope that helps.
    sunflowerfreak

Answer by sunflowerfreak at 6:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• sunflowerfreak, thank you for your advice .It's nice to know there are caring people.
    roxiede

Answer by roxiede at 7:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Adoptive Families Magazine has an Adoption guide that can lead you through the different types of adoptions, questions to ask adoption professionals, etc.
    luckyshamrock

Answer by luckyshamrock at 7:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My husband and I adopted through our state Foster Care program. It didn't cost us anything and we've had our children in our home since birth.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We have used Catholic Charities twice, and they are the most reasonably priced of all the agencies we looked at. We like them because their counselors really help women explore all their options, and encourage them to be sure they're making a decision they can feel peace about (not that it means it won't be hard for them). They also provide support for birthmothers as much as needed over the years. I thought they did a good job making sure everything was done correctly.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would recommend foster care as well. Its low to nothing cost & these kids actually need homes. If you go through an agency you are on a long waiting list with lots of other people. Healthy white new borns are a commodity, much in demand. Not to say you cant get a baby & a healthy one from foster care...you can. Just most people want some kind of "ideal" and refuse to consider it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i have adopted children thru the state of MI foster care system. adoption is a God sent for my family. My children were each handpicked by God jsut for us.....
    tcrock02

Answer by tcrock02 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• From roxiede to all of you for your advice thank you.
    roxiede

Answer by roxiede at 4:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009