Have you heard of the GIVE Act (HR. 1388)? What do you know/think about it?

My in-laws told us about this last night. Apparently most people haven't even heard about it, but it's about to be passed. I'm hoping someone has more info on it.
Any thoughts/info?

Here's some links that my MIL sent me:
http://edlabor.house.gov/blog/2009/03/the-generations-invigorating-v.shtml

http://en.wordpress.com/tag/hr-1388/

http://www.repubx.com/blogger/post/HR-1388-Forced-Servitude-Bill-is-now-S-277-Senate-Taking-it-up-again-Right-NOW!.aspx

dannydawna

Asked by dannydawna at 5:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I suppose no one saw this amendment to the Bill:

(12) H. Amdt. 49 Rep. Miller (D-CA)

Amendment to prohibit organizations from attempting to influence legislation; organize or engage in protests, petitions, boycotts or strikes; and assist, promote, or deter union organizing.

Proposed March 18th. Accepted March 18th.

They're stuffing this into this Bill! Making future protest illegal!

Oh, and this may be the result of this Bill passing:

Look up the Department of Defense Directive 1404.10

23 January 2009 USD (P&R)

Subject: DoD Civilian Expeditionary Workforce

You can see from this that the mandatory community service is nothing more than training our children to be deployed in the near future.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Awww making us slaves...nice
    Anonymous

• interesting. I thought they were only toying around with one year's service.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• good bye freedom. But all cons knew this was coming.
    Anonymous

• a bit like the brown shirts, eh?
    Anonymous

• Oh Shut up. Honestly, it will teach us what hard work and responsibility is again. Get over it. It is not slavery, it is not indentured servitude, it is SOCIAL SERVICE. You don't want to do it? Fine, stop using all the social services out there--police, libraries, schools, public roads, postal service, welfare, financial aid for college, WIC, all of them. Then you can bitch.
    Anonymous

• I can bitch now because my butt is paying a ton of taxes which pay for those things darling. Except wic..I don't believe tax payers pay for ANY of that
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Amen, mamakirs.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• some of you are so blind as to what is going on, this is just the beginning, what else are they going to force the citizens to do? think about it. you morons who voted him in are to dumb or blind to see what is really going on. wake up and do some investigating into all that he has said and done the last 2 to 5 years and you will see where we are headed, while you are at it read up on reid, pelosi and the other dems who are now in control of your lives and read everything they have said and tried doing for the past ten years then maybe you will all wake up before it is to late unless you subscribe to a communist country and getting everything handed to you by a controlling government who has only what they want on their minds and to hell with us we will all make good slaves to make them rich rulers.
    deanslady

Answer by deanslady at 5:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i am tired of working my ass off to support a bunch of lazy bums who wont work and expect the gov. to take carte of them and their 6 kids. im sick of it and i know it is only going to get worse.
    deanslady

Answer by deanslady at 6:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009