i think im pregnant but i keep getting negative test results. how far along do you have to be in order to get a positive result?

my body is changing i think.. it could all be in my head because i want to be pregnant so bad

coldpink4

Asked by coldpink4 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it can be in your head. You can convince yourself that you are pregnant, and your body will mimic the signs.

As far as how far along to you have to be...there is no set time. It isn't a matter of time, but rather a matter of how high your hormone concentration is at the time of testing.

Have you missed your period? If not, then you need to wait until your period is a week late, then start testing, using your morning urine (not in the middle of the day). If you still are getting negative results with no period, then go to a doctor.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I always had early results with First Response pregnancy test. They always read Pregnant when the other cheap brands read negative. Good Luck!!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Go to your local health department and have them do the pregnancy test for you, those test are 99% accurate and you can get other helps. They also can start you on programs that help with your pregnancy.
    tonya212288

Answer by tonya212288 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You have to wait and test after you miss your period. Maybe you are testing too early. I thought I could be pregnant and I took a test because My family was headed to Disney World. The test came back negative so I rode all the rides. A week later , I tested again and it was positive.
    actress

Answer by actress at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i was pregnant with my daughter and didnt know it till 9 weeks ..i kept getting negative test results
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009