I TELL HUBBY i HATE SMOKING

i tell him it get to me bad I'm 22 weeks and I ask him if he can stop and all he tell me is that he pay bill here to. I get so sick that I will find somewhere else to live fast

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 5:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I kept bitching at my SO that he stunk it also made me sick everytime i could smell it, now he only smokes at work. but if your SO isnt respecting you enough to at least do it outside than i would leave
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• ok?
    Anonymous

• Why cant he just smoke outside? He is not respecting you or the baby if he is smoking inside around you.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• So what is the question?

If you are pregnant, 2nd hand smoke will hurt you and your baby, the same as if you were smoking it yourself. If he doesn't respect that, then you need to get away from him. If you aren't willing to leave permanently, then you need to be away when he is smoking. But be aware that if he doesn't care that you are pregnant and is still smoking around you, it is likely he will smoke around your baby, which can cause many health complications. If he won't stop, I think it best you leave.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i would just tell him to smoke outside or just go outside when he smokes your health and your babies health is too important to risk. the smell of smoke makes me throw up even just walking past a person smoking outside
    Anonymous

• Will I was just thinking I should just go somewhere else just to let him know I'm not playing. I was just thing if it was me or if someone else would find somewhere else to go.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 5:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think leaving would be incredibly immature on your part, if you knew he smokes before hand then you cant make him stop now, try to comprimise with him and let him know that you dont mind him smoking but can he at least do it outside.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with hautemama. You knew he smoked before hand. I think maybe you should just ask him to smoke outside, or pick a smoking room, like the basement or somewhere away from everyone. I quit smoking when I was preggos. And the smell made me sick. But my sons father (my ex now), he went to another bedroom and shut the door. He put towels around the bottom of the door too. You should find a way to compromise. That's what I would do.
    gerigirl90

Answer by gerigirl90 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes when I meet him was not smoking the way he do now and I hate it. Before it was here and there and now it's like all the time. See I tell him to go out or somewhere I can not smell it but he do not care (that is how I feel)
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 7:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009