What does everyone think about some of these baby products that can contain cancer causing agents?

New Report: No More Toxic Tub
Getting Contaminants Out of Children's Bath & Personal Care Products
by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
Despite marketing claims like “gentle” and “pure,” dozens of top-selling children’s bath products are contaminated with the cancer-causing chemicals formaldehyde and 1,4-dioxane, according to the March 2009 Campaign for Safe Cosmetics report, "No More Toxic Tub."
This study is the first to document the widespread presence of both formaldehyde and 1,4-dioxane in bath products for children, including baby shampoos, bubble baths and baby lotions. Many products tested contained both chemicals.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• i dont know i think these researcher have too much time on their hands. next its gonna be if your wear a pink t shirt you will get cancer.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first anon. It seems like everything is toxic these days!
    Anonymous

• I also agree. Everything seems to cause cancer these days. I personally dont really care anymore.
    Anonymous

• I just read about this recently. Personally I am frustrated and very pissed! How can the FDA allow products like this be available for our children when they KNOW they have these chemicals in them. This is their job; to make sure that this doesn't happen. The most common products out there for baby : IE. Johnson & Johnson Huggies Sensitive all have these chemicals and a high hazard. You think a company so reputable can be trusted and truly cares about families - obviously doesn't. Sorry to go on and on but I have been thinking about this a lot since I heard. And just giving my son a bath with these same things because it's all we have just makes me even more upset. Ridiculous; and yeah it does seem like everything causes cancer because most things do - the thing that makes it very bad is the companies we are entrusting ourselves to; say it's not enough to stop production of these products. What is enough then?
    biznesmom

Answer by biznesmom at 5:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• And these are the kind of things usually spouted by those trying to sell their own "safe" products.

Life causes death. Get over it, and enjoy life while you have it. You'll be much happier.
    Anonymous

• well yes french fries fried in old oil at a fast food chain can cause cancer....char broiled steak...the char part is carcinogenic...so mostly...its so hard to avoid everything..but I hate how its in products like baby shampoo. scares me. they need to make things better and research stuff that doesn't contain formaldahyde. icky.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well it is unfortunate that they are allowed on the shelves at all of our local stores b/c they make all of them look like they are the best thing for our babies. But of course the truth is, they aren't. I purchase all of my products for the baby and cleaning products through Melaleuca. I don't sell them myself but I do purchase through them. They are all non-toxic and organic. Also are about 30-40% cheaper than products in stores. So if you're interested at all, let me know! My name is Erin Stewart / www.livetotalwellness.com/erinstewart / 860-210-8030
    erinstewart

Answer by erinstewart at 10:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2009