could i feed my baby boy who's three months cereal into his milk?

he's always hungry and drinks 6 oz

LILJOE557

Asked by LILJOE557 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So give him more formula. Unless you mean breastmilk, that is.

Bump it up an ounce or two and see what happens.

But the answer to your question is you "can"....should you? Not unless directed by your pediatrician to do so in my opinion.

For the record, my boys were taking 8oz every 2-3 hours by that age. They each averaged 45-50oz per day.

Cereal is a quick fix and will only leave him more hungry later because it's a filler...he will be full for a while, but he won't be taking in as many calories with cereal.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yeah but it's best to try it with a spoon instead of in the bottle. If you do give in it a bottle though make sure you use a fast flow nipple.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No. 3 months is too young, and putting it in a bottle is a choking hazard. they need to learn how to use a spoon too. Bottles are for formula/breastmilk only.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't recommend it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No on the cereal at that age. But as for the bottles, how often does he take one? You can probably go up to 8 oz, plus if he is in a growth spurt he will take even more.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009