How long should I be off the Nuvaring before trying to conceive?

DH and I are going to try for a baby this summer and after this months cycle I will be getting off the ring. My Doc said that normally she tells her patients to wait 2-3 months before trying to conceive but told me to try when I want to and she'll see me back in her office when I'm pregnant.

I'm so nervous since I will be 34 this year, my mother went through menopause at 35 and I'm worried something will go wrong. My pregnancy with my son was high risk and I had to have him by c-section. 2 months before I got pregnant with my son I had just completed surgery for cervical cancer. Thank God I have been in remission since then and I am very blessed that my pap smears have all come back clear.

I fully expect to be listed as high risk this time around simply due to the previous cancer issue. Have any other Moms out there gotten off the ring and conceived in a short period of time?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• so my hubby and thought we would try for #2 a couple of years back so i went off my ring in feb and we found out in march that i was indeed preggo with twins good luck hopefully it won't take you long just relax it will happen when u least expect it
    christal112836

Answer by christal112836 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2009