When is it to late for a shower?

I just moved back home from Idaho and my Aunt wants to throw me a baby shower. It's my 3rd child, so I don't think it is necesary, but she thinks because it's a boy and I had 2 girls it is. The problem is I'm about to pop and the baby will probably be here by the time we had it?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's never too late!! I have been to plenty baby showers where the baby was already here.

xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 5:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Have one to celebrate the babies arrival. It doesn't matter when it happens. :) you can have one a few weeks after the baby is born if you want to.. you don't need much the first few weeks lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I actually had mine after my dd was born. I wanted everyone to be able to meet who they were giving gifts to.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 5:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have heard of people waiting until the baby is here and instead of a baby shower, a welcome home baby party type of thing. So really I don't think there is any "too late"
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i think its never to late my baby shower laid on my 33 week
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well. I was in labor at my shower. I fell asleep in the middle of it and I was in the hospital about four/five hours later. Then had my beautiful son four hours after that!!! It's really never too late. I was at a baby shower where the baby was already born. I'd say after about 4 weeks PP is too late lol!! good luck and congrats!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Just wait then.. When you have him then have one.. I see ppl doing it all the time, its no big deal..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009