Earth's Best... formula @ night?

Anyone used Earth's Best formula for their baby? I am looking for an organic formula, and like what they have to say about the ingredients and the environment, etc...
Also, do you think it is too early to introduce formula for one feeding before bed for a 7 week old, and continue to breastfeed all other times?
Thanks!

KellyJC

Asked by KellyJC at 5:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no its not
    Anonymous

• why?
    any more info would be really helpful :)
    KellyJC

Answer by KellyJC at 5:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• sorry.. i misunderstood!!! :)
    thanks ...
    KellyJC

Answer by KellyJC at 5:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Earth's Best is the better of formulas, if you are going to use it. But why use it? It could ultimately be the end of your milk supply and wont necessarily make your baby sleep longer. In fact, it could damage any sort of sleep your child could have because formula is a lot harsher on their stomachs. A 7 week old baby is suppose to get up at night.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• One bottle feeding a day is not going to end her milk supply. Her body will change with the change in demand.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Wouldn't you want to replace a nighttime feeding with formula? And no at 7 weeks her milk supply should be in place. If its not then why are there so many working moms who still breastfeed? Wouldn't going back to work kill there supply? Your baby should be fine.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 6:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No I wouldn't actually and yes, it can kill your supply. Many working moms face this issue if they don't prepare before working. When I went back to work, only 3 days a week, and my DD was 8 months, had I not prepared for it my supply would have been dropped.

Formula was never an option for me, so no, I would never replace a night nursing with formula (if you were asking me, since obviously the OP would).
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2009