How to remove watermarks from pics when a photographer flakes on you??

I am devastated that my pregnancy pics I took with my4th and LAST child still have watermarks on them from the independent photogrpher that I chose for the photos. She managed to cash my check, and send my picture via email to view and choose, however when I tried to contact her to finally make my selection and get the prints she refused to communicate with me. Yes, I consisdered small claims court, but we were in the middle of a PCS to Chile and was told by a lawyer that I would have to show up for the court date. So I am in quit a dilemma and not sure what to do. I know that messing with the watermark is illegal if the photographer choses to take legal action. But these pictures are precious to me!!! I have no other options, so I am asking for advice please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you remove the watermark and the photographer sues you couldn't you counter sue for a product you paid for and never received? I wouldn't worry about getting sued...they wouldn't dare.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• But how do I remove the watermark?
    Anonymous

• Is there someone who can appear on your behalf in small claims court? Or perhaps sending her a ;etter saying "You cashed my check but I have yet to recieve my pictures, if I have not reciebed my pictures in x amount of days I will be following through with a law suit in small claims." In my experience that gets results
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No it has to be me in person. So I have moved on from small claims court, I dont even know where she went. What I am trying to do now is just fix it myself and figure out how to remove these marks. There has got to be a way.
    Anonymous

• First I would consult with a lawyer. See what they think. Put it off for now if you have other obligations. As a pro photographer, if I knew someone did this to my photos, I'd slap them with a lawsuit quicker than anything. Granted, she hasn't held up her part of the bargain, so most likely, if it went to court, you would just settle on some type of agreement or something. DON'T mess with a watermark for any reason unless you don't mind any consequences that may follow...regardless of how unprofessional the photog was. Sorry UR going thru this. =(
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009