Would it be ok?

A lot of my neighbors are going to run out of unemployment benefits in the next month. Things are still really bad here, and there are no jobs for 50 miles or more, not even McDonald's. Would it be ok if they headed out to Iowa and Oklahoma, some of the other areas that still have really low unemployment rates, and start robbing people there since there are mitigating circumstances? Cause I keep reading today, doing something illegal is ok if you have a really good excuse. Some of these people have both parents out of work and can't even get approval to move into a trailer park because they lost their homes and cars. Sounds like a good excuse to me, so that would be ok, right?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know exactly where you are going with this one NP LOL, and I am sure you probably alreday know what my response to this will be but for others I will state it. NO doing something illegal is NEVER okay, in life you do what you have to, to gte by as long as it is LEGAL period no if and or buts about that one. Hey I too am out of work thankfully my unemployment benefits have been extented but what if Istill cannot find work after that, am I supposed to go start robbing banks?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Are you asking to committ a crime? WOW
    Anonymous

• Uh oh. LOL.
    Anonymous

• I guess it's none of my business. I could care less what other people do, they are the ones who have to live with the decisions they make.
    Anonymous

• Point taken and well put NP
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

I think it would be your business if they were stealing from you.....

Anonymous

• Don 't you have to provide proof that you live in the state in order to recieve unemployment benefits? I know of people who come to Iowa all the time for welfare from the Chicago area because the waiting list there is much longer than the one in Iowa.
    Anonymous

• wow. so...this is a joke, right? No it is not OK to go and rob someone, regardless of your circumstances it is still a crime.
    If those areas have low unemployment rates, why don't they find jobs there instead? Stay there during the week and come home on the weekends?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• but it's ok for illegals to do that I think is the point
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If those areas have low unemployment rates, why don't they find jobs there instead?

You mean find a legal solution to help their family instead of break the law? That's an awesome question!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009