ready to potty train?!

my daughter is just over a year old and she keeps taking her diaper off and scratching at it....was wondering if anyone thought she was ready to potty train? i think i might buy her some panties and see if she's ready!

busymamma503

Asked by busymamma503 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Probably not. This is a common phase that most toddlers go through about this age. Its fun to take the diaper off and it eventually becomes a game. Its likely that she will pee or poop in the panties and you will have more work for yourself. But go ahead and try. Readiness signs are being able to tell you that shes wet or dirty and also having interest in the potty. Potty training is in the mind, not in the body...Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It wouldn't hurt to introduce potty concepts...I've heard of kids potty training early. I wouldn't expect to much, but hey, you never know.
    loyo3000

Answer by loyo3000 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009