why am i failing agan??(christians only please)

All my life i have fell in and out of love with the lord. I thought i was on the right track this time, and i just feel like im falling again, im losing interest in him and i just feel weakened, im trying to stay strong, but im not strong at all only he is, i pray and pray and still im stuck,please help

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• First and foremost -
    You will not always feel God's presence in your life.

I hate that fact, but it's very true.

These are the times when our faith comes into play and we have to stand firm on the Word. Just know that no matter what, God ALWAYS loves you. You are his child - he gave his son's blood for you. There is no greater love than that.

Keep praying - believe me, it does some good even if you don't think it does. Find a prayer group or a bible study group in your area, if there is one.

When I feel like this, I just emmerse myself in Him - I listen to Christian artists (lots of praise and worship music), read Christian books, read my bible, pray, talk to my fellow Christian friends. It doesn't take long for me to feel close to Him again.

I'm praying for you sweetie. Remember God loves you NO MATTER WHAT!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Christians only please?

Im a christian myself, but dont you think thats wrong?
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know how you feel because I also have times where I feel like my relationship with the Lord is strong and then weak. I know attending a really good church with a lot of people supporting you is helpful. I also know that when I am in some sort of bible study or small group I feel closer to God. I also know that when I have a stronger relationship with the Lord then I can hear him better.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Can you get involved with a study group? Do you have any Christian friends in real life that you can talk to? Maybe you need some inspiration? Sometimes reading a good Christian book helps me....there's books in every genre!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• mommyaurora,

I don't think she meant to offend anyone by saying christians only please. I know that when I come to the relgious section wanting helpful answers from people who have been there you are sometimes met with a lot of non christian bashing. That doesn't help someone who is genuinely seeking answers of guidance.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know how you feel i felt like that before but you need to try to get into a real good church. also you need to have the pastor pray for you at the church and keep you faith up. Let god help you just continue praying and stay in church
    Anonymous

• Because nothing good dwells in us- we are slaves to sin. Even Paul had this struggle.
    Romans 7: 14-20.

Sometimes we have to pray, hard and long, for interest and desire. (most times actuallly)
    We often have to ask God to give a desire for Him. Staying in Fellowship with other Christians is very helpful.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I always like reading a good book on the topic of what ever my question is, some good authors are TD Jakes, and Joyce Myers. Fellowship is always good. I think we all go through what you are feeling, please do not let it discourage you, you are not alone.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Wow, I agree with a lot of what has already been said. We all go through times of spiritual dryness, and we can't depend on how we feel but on what we know through the word.

I don't know anything about you or your life, but in my life when I am filling my life with things of the world I loose my spiritual thirst. I know this, so i make an effort to surround myself with things that are spiritually healthy for me. I read my one year Bible every day, I turn off the TV and listen to worship music, I listen to Bible Studies on KWVE (christian radio), I share my faith with others.

Being in fellowship with people who love Jesus is so important; they can totally inspire you. But as far as not falling, that is your choice. You have to make the decision to live for God, and be disciplined. God has put His Spirit inside of you. You can live victorious. We all stumble and fall, but you gotta get up and keep going.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Your right. You are not strong. God is. We were created this way and I do not believe you are failing. God would not believe that either. You are a true believer that is obvious, you just lose your faith her and there, God knows we are bound to do so, even Jesus Christ lost faith and questioned occasionally. Just remember to see God's work in all that you do and allow God into your life, by accepting that he is there. No, you do not need to turn to minuscule things like worship media. if you want to that is fine, but that is not what you turn to when you feel this way. You should turn to God. God is everywhere and in everyone remember that...try talking to another christian one-on-one and just talk.
    Lillias_Mama

Answer by Lillias_Mama at 6:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009