Has anyone had a ghostly experience at home?

I heard footsteps on the stair case in my home but no one was walking up the steps. The step sounds were very clear as if someone was there. I am not the only person who heard them.

1teacher

Asked by 1teacher at 5:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have in my FILs house many times. Usually I was the only one to hear them or I was by myself. I would hear footsteps and banging.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• At the time I experienced it I was not afraid. Now when I think of it gives me chills.
    What do you think it was??
    1teacher

Answer by 1teacher at 6:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Nothing to worry about. Footsteps and seldom an "inteligent haunting" meaning, there isn't a counscious spirit with the ability to interact with you present making the foot steps. They're usually considered "residual activity." It is believed that when we repeat tasks over and over again (such as walking up stairs or through hallways) that our activity is imprinted in the fields of energy surrounding us and will repeat itself over and over again. It could be based on activity from the past or it would be your own activity absorbing into the energy around you (some people think that people living near power lines or a power plant are especially susceptible to this).

I was very clairvoyant as a child and wasn't quite sure if the places I was in were haunted or if I just attracted it to myself. Never thought about it. I've since grown out of it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I personally am not afraid of ghosts or spirits either. They experiences are eerie but not scary. It may have been a ghost but it also may have been a spirit of a loved one making them self known. Have you had any experiences like that before?

For me, at my FILs house, I feel it is a spirit present because it has also messed with the lights on occasion.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We have a female presence in our house. She came with my hubby. She used to bother my daughter and I until she realized that we were not a threat.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes. Guardian spirits mostly and occasionally my grandmother or FIL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• OH MY !! well, similar happened to me, i thought i was some what alone on this, it was VERY scary to my my heart was pounding so hard i thought i was going to pass out. I spoke to my minister about this, he said to me that i should not be afraid of this negetive, ( evil) spirit or spirits, that i have to confront it and cast it out and away from my home, but he didnt give me any details , i know that the bible tells us we are not to be afraid, but i was. my family was sleeping i was the only one that was woken up by the loud footsteps on my living room floor. WHY ? why do they do this i dont know. all i did was pray to almighty GOD nonstop . there are a lot of things we need to do and get rid of so they will not be "invited" in. on another ocasion my kids big plastic ball was thrown across the lining room, havent had any more "disterbances" after that and i better not. its hair raising
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 8:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• To quote spongebob, Imaginaaation.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• When I lived with my roommates, we would hear someone knocking on the walls. All three of us heard it and there was no one else around to do the knocking. Several times when I was alone I would hear what sounded like someone who couldn't whistle trying to whistle and over a period of weeks, "it" got better and eventually could whistle. It was freaky.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We have what is called a residual haunting here in my home. The back door will"open" , a man(I think) will come home from work & go into our spare bedroom. Ther e never is anyone ther but we hear him.
    Also just after we moved in our house, I was snuggling in bed with my grandson, Edward and he was pointing up to the NW corner of the room by my closet door & giggling. I asked who he was talking to & he pointed & said "Paul, he;s a little boy who lives her" I told him I don;t have any little boys just Uncle Justin & he said "I know. He doesn't live here like you & me, he just stays here & you can't see him" Once in awhile out tv will just turn off w/o touching it I yell at Paul & it stops for a few days!! He doesn't bother me much so what the heck!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2009