How can I put my 6 month old on a more structured schedul?

My husband and I have moved a lot in the past 6 months and my husbands hours have moved around quite a bit. I am trying to get my little Lilly bug on a more structured schedule, because I believe she is ahead of her age group and is ready to know when it is time to eat, when it is bath time and bed time...etc... My husband and I have lost a lot of sleep lately, because she knows when daddy comes home (at 3 a.m) and wants to play. She normally takes either two 1 hour naps (not counting the little cat naps in the car) or a 2-2 1/2 hour nap during the day. I am having a bit of trouble with getting her to eat cereal, so we have our good days and our bad days with that. Why is she getting up so often at night? do you have any tips on getting her to eat cereal? And how can I switch her from chaos to a structured schedule!?!

Lillias_Mama

Asked by Lillias_Mama at 5:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• getting up at night-normal no sugg. my dd still does at 9 months so i wouldnt be a big help
    ceral- mix with applesauce it was the only thing that worked for my dd.
    sructured sched.- go ahead put her on one, be consistant even on your bad days and she will get the hang of things
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thank you for your suggestions...but how do I move her to that schedule?
    Lillias_Mama

Answer by Lillias_Mama at 6:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Getting up at night- feed her the cereal at night so that she isn't hungry. Before you go to bed change her diaper in her sleep so that she wont need one in the middle of the night.

Cereal- Mix with baby applesauce, or try switching to the oatmeal. Make it with formula instead of water or the other way around.

Schedule- Just start one. Whatever fits for you. Write it all down. And stick to it! After about a week or so she should get use to it just fine.

Hope this helps some!!! Goodluck!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009