I need recipes!

My husband is 24, I am 23, and we have a ten month old little girl. Niether of us are over weight, we're both very active, him more than I am but hypertension is something that runs in his family and he has already started having blood pressue issues. Any of you moms out there have healthy but tastey recipes that I can make??? Thanks so much!

prettylilrae

Asked by prettylilrae at 6:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My husband has blood preassure issues too so I know where you're coming from! I stopped cooking with salt and for the most part cut out all the processed foods (side dishes mainly, boxed pasta stuff and canned veggies). I use my normal recipes just tweak them a bit to get rid of the salt. Hubby's big problem was salting everything before he even ate it. So we took salt off the table and put different blends of Mrs.Dash in it's place. Definately stay away from the canned veggies! Buy frozen ones instead. I agree with using the Healthy Request lines of soup, they're pretty darn good for cooking. You can adapt just about any recipe to lower the salt.
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• keep everything low sodium. do not add salt or season salt to anything and stay away from hamburger helper boxed dinners and soup unless it says it's low sodium or cambells has a "healthy request" line of soup
    Google..."low sodium recipes" and that should help you out. good luck!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009