Braxton hicks err what?

Hi ladies,
Today while I was on the city bus I kept getting these tight/burn-y/sore/crampy from my belly to my vagina (lol) pains, they were pretty intense.
i timed them and they were really strong for about 10-15 seconds then they'd gradually fade, but they came every 4 minutes or so for a half hour. ( the entire bus ride)
Now, I'm a first timer, and I have no idea what braxton hicks are supposed to feel like or anything is "supposed" to feel like for that matter..
Any ideas on what this might have been and should i be worried? or is this maybe just caused by all the bumping and jarring around on the bus ride home??

help!!
it's since gone away but I still have to know..

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 6:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Braxton hicks go away, do not intensify, do not follow a pattern
    Anonymous

• http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,4566,00.html
    Anonymous

• i would say call the dr. but braxton hicks feel like your uterus is contracting and letting go and it kind of feels like the rythm of your heart bascially
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• and how far along are you?
    Anonymous

• im 25 weeks
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009