leave!

I'M NOT PICKING ON ANYONE PERSON

Why is it that most advice people are given is to leave? I mean, yes, abusive relationships, get out. but. . .little things? counsiling is there for it, and other stuff. you know?

Just wondering. .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you don't like the comments you are getting on here then maybe you should just leave the website. LOL! Just kidding!
    Anonymous

• LOL!! Good question.

For me, it's the easiest, most rational solution, and by saying leave, I'm saying, 'Here's the way to stop the pain *now*'. Well, there are others, but that involves, knives, platic bags, shovels and sleeping pills... but I digress...
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 6:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• 'platic' bags huh?

'spossed to be plastic.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 6:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I totally agree with you!! im so sick of seeing when i or someone else asks advice on thier relationship every one says ID LEAVE!! the hell you would!!! you dont know unless ur in that situation!! its not that easy to leave!! and if you are being abused yea get out no matter what but if its something else then i think you need to do whatever it takes to try to fix it before you walk away!! im hanging on to my relationship by a thread and im not giving up until that sucker breaks and hopefully its just gonna get stronger and wont break!! we are workin on it!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• ALL JOKES ASIDE IF SOMEONE IS SO UNHAPPY IN THEIR
    RELATIONSHIP THAT THEY DECIDE TO TURN TO ASKING
    A BUNCH OF STRANGERS IT SOUNDS LIKE...
    WELL LETS PUT IT THIS WAY A LOT OF THINGS ARE EASIER
    SAID THAN DONE SO ITS EASY TO GET ABUSED IN YOUR
    OWN HOME AND THAN WATCH THE NEXT WOMAN GET
    ABUSED AND TELL HER TO LEAVE..
    MAYBE WOMEN ARE UNHAPPY WITH THEMSELVES AND
    TELL OTHER WOMEN TO DO THINGS THAT THEY DONT
    HAVE THE COURAGE TO DO THEMSELVES.
    THERE IS MARRIAGE COUNSELING THO AND SO MAYBE
    ITS YOUR JOB TO ANSWER WOMENS QUESTIONS AND TELL
    THEM THAT THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES TO LEAVING
    THE MEN YOU MADE A FAMILY WITH AND GO SEEK HELP.
    SPREAD THE WORD.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 6:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• **OP**
    it was just a question. . .lol

like. . i had thoughts of my husband cheating on me, but i confronted him, and he said he thought about it. but we stuck it out, talked it through and are stronger than ever. i didn't leave because he thought about it. i was preggo, and he wasn't gettin any. we were in a rut. but now we're better than ever. when i asked, everyone told me to leave. i opted the hard way, and now its great!

I just wish that women would say more constructed things instead of 'leave. he doesn't respect you' or 'i'd leave if he treated me that way' blah blah

we should see how low we can get that divorce rate!!! we married our guys for a reason. . lets stick to it!
    Anonymous

• I so agree with you!! I never suggest that they leave!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes, but LEAVE is the best advice for anyone in any situation. ALONE u have your space to figure things out. Your time to take care of your personal business. Also sometimes family members don't want your mate around or vice versa. So being alone sometimes is good for us.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 7:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think that in our society we are so used to things being easy that we expect relationships to be the same way. So when a problem comes up many people just want out.

Another thought might be that when people post they are often frustrated so their posts can be more angry than they would be if they thought it out. We only get one side of the story and probably not an objective story so it is easy to see the poster's side.

Does this mean I would never advise someone to leave? No but unless their is abuse, or cheating, most problems can be worked out.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It also has the same effect as a bucket of cold water.

As one person pointed out, on your own you have the space to make independent decisions. Another person questioned your headspace by the time you get to asking strangers about your personal life.

I'm glad things worked out for you OP, my marriage wasn't able to withstand such honesty.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 10:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009