Has anyone taken a course with a Study at Home School?

I was wondering if anyone has had success with programs like Penn Foster, Ashworth, Etc. And if so what course did you study, how long did you take, & how was the support. I just don't know anyone that has had success and would like some fed back. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I take classes with devry and love it. I don't know if that is exactly what you were looking for.
    beverleysage

Answer by beverleysage at 11:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Years ago I did a home study course. It was fine and I received my certification. Here is what I would say about the home study courses. They offer flexibility. To be successful you must be a self starter and self motivating. If you are looking for a specific field to master in make sure that you can transfer credits towards your degree or you will be wasting your time.

Look into the school of choice. How are they recommended and by whom? Do they offer too good to be true deals? If so, I would recommend go somewhere else. What is it that you want to create from your attending an online home study? How will that help you in the future? What does your support system look like for you to accomplish the classes? Will you need support?

Good luck on making your decision.

Kimberley
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 3:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009