Pees Right Through!

My son (4) pees right threw his size 6 Pampers! What do i do?
(please don't say potty train him. he's not ready)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How is 4 not ready for potty training?
    Anonymous

• Diaper doubler? You can get them at most grocery stores and at BabiesRUs. They are like a maxi-pad without the plastic backing. You put them inside the diaper so the diaper can hold more.
    Another option is to switch to Huggies Overnight diapers. They hold a LOT more pee than regular diapers - so much that they are awkward to walk in when full.
    You could also start putting him on the potty once an hour and changing his diaper at the same time if needed. He may surprise you and learn to go on the potty and with more frequent checks and changes, his diaper may not flood out.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would say switch brands. And use night time diapers or pull ups. The pull ups might begin him to start potty training and also the night time ones hold more urine!!! Good luck! Hope he gets ready soon! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Does he have developmental issues or something?
    Anonymous

• I would try Good Nights, they are like a pullup but thicker and for older kids
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I woulkd say to try one of the night time pull ups and if that isnt working, then get some plastic diaper covers to go over the night time pull up, its what I have to do and I change my daughter around 1am nightly! Gerber sells the plastic diaper covers or plastic training pants
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I hate to say it because you say he's not ready but I would really try potty training that or try cutting off the drinks an hour before bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• he should have been potty trained a long time ago, unless he is handicap or something of that nature.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Hang in there! I have had to use the Huggies Overnights for my three youngest (at nighttime). When I don't, they wake up drenched even when I don't give them milk before bedtime. They are more expensive though. (Don't worry, the size 5 will fit) You could also try the goodnight pullups.
    Are you having this problem for daytime as well?

Even if he is not ready for potty training, it may be time to see if patience and a schedule could get him to go on the potty. My son (#2 of 4) has a huge bladder and never had to go. Finally, I was able to figure out what times of the day he seemed to go and altered his potty training to his time schedule. I swear we we sit in there until our legs went numb, but finally got it.

Also, you could check with your local health department. If your son is having a physical or dev. issue in this area, he qualify for special insurance which would help pay for the diapers. Good Luck!
    Cheryl_Johns

Answer by Cheryl_Johns at 8:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My son is developmentally slow, he is almost 3, so he is not potty trained either. Every kid is different.
    With that said,
    Start sitting him on the toilet and see how much he is peeing. If it's a lot, change more often I guess. The goodnights are for night time, so they are thicker. Good luck mama.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009