6 month old...feeding?

Any suggestions on a feeding schedule for a 6 month old....PLZ! Help!
Right now Lilly eats whenever she tells me she is hungry which is usually every 3-5 hours and one cereal feeding a day (if it is a good day)!

Lillias_Mama

Asked by Lillias_Mama at 6:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like you're doing good. I think feeding on demand is great if you're the not the schedule-schedule type. I have a three month old and she usually eats every 2-4 hours, depending.... I usually play it by ear.
    loyo3000

Answer by loyo3000 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sounds just fine to me =]. Maybe try more cereal, or try adding some applesauce to it. Or if you are making it with water, try making it with formula or vice/versa. Maybe that will incline her to want to eat it more!! Good luck. Hope I helped!!!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• yeah that's normal. In a couple months you will probably see more of a pattern and know when to make a bottle or breastfeed and when not too. My daughter is almost 8 months I am just now noticing that she is having a big bottle every few hours instead of me just feeding her all the time.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• At 6 months our boys were eating three meals with snacks in between. They ate when we ate, snack mid-way between meals and one about an hour before bed. They kind of fell easily into the routine as we added meals starting at 4 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009