my boyfriend, and my best friend..

before i even really knew my boyfriend (before we started dating) my best friend had a thing for him, and now that im dating him i can't help but think she still has feelings for him. but then again they are really close as well, when we hang out in my best friends room they will lay next to each other (not a big deal) or she'll sit on his lap if theres no where else to sit. this is fine because id do the same with her boyfriend, that's just how our friendship is, and we really trust eachother. but in the back of my mind i think she might still have feelings for him although i know she'd never try and get with him. should i just let it go? or say something to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I would say in the back of your mind you really don't trust her as much as you'd like to think you do.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well if it's bothering you then you should say something about it. I mean don't be rude just bring it up. You wouldn't want there to be a misunderstanding later on down the road. I understand that you say y'all are very close but maybe that relationship should just stay between you and your friend and not include the boyfriends. What would happen if one day she thinks wrong about you and her boyfriend or visversa or the men take it in another way. Like maybe y'all don't mind sharing. Don't let a miss understanding ruin your relationship with your friend. Let her know how you feel. I know it's hard but if she's a true friend she will understand.
    Anonymous

• If there's a little voice eating at you then it's best to listen. Maybe just ask her to chill a little on the sitting on the lap and ask him not to lay next to her. If it blows up in your face, then you had reason to have the feeling, but if it's like "No problem" from both of them, then it's all good for you. It shouldn't be a big deal to make a simple request for your peace of mind.
    Anonymous

• Been there done that. When I was in high school I was like you had a guy who was really good friends with my friend and now they have a child . So if it on your mind speak on it or forever hold your peace. That's what happen to me doesn't mean that's what going to happen with you.
    bigcake

Answer by bigcake at 7:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you have the kind of friendship where you can sit on each other's boyfriends laps, then you have the kind of relationship where you can tell her how you feel. But I do agree that you should go with your gut. Most sane people don't have feelings like this for nothing.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• wow i cant believe you'd let someone sit on his lap or lay next to him in a bed I'm sorry no matter how good your friendship is that's pushing boundaries what's stopping them from getting drunk one night and kissing and saying it's nothing you'll think oh it's nothing that how we are till you catch them in bed together not just laying next to each other if you know what i mean
    Anonymous