Posted in another category

I posted this in travel, but got no answers

Friday my husband and i are going on a 10 hr trip with our 14 month old daughter.
Were going with my father to see his father, who is dieing of cancer.

But its a 10 hr trip, not including stoping to let my husband and my dad smoke, (i dont let them smoke in the car with my daughter) which is 15 minutes every hour sometimes longer then 15 minutes.
Plus stopping to get gas, food, ect. And letting my daughter roam and stretch.

How do i keep her entertianed?? Its going to be a LOOOOOONG! trip... and i know shes going to get tired of being in the car seat.
were leaving about 2am so she will be sleeping untill about 8, but were going to be in the care untill about 1-2pm.
Any ideas?
Any suggestions about traveling at all, i have traveled with her, just not 7 months pregnant. Shes a busy body! HELP ME

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 6:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IM SORRY I MENT TO POST THAT IN TODDLERS!!! DONT BASH!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• when my son was 1 year old, we had to make a 15 hour trip. he slept most of the way. have your dad and anyone else that smokes get nicotine patches for the trip and when you stop for food/gas/changings they can smoke then. bring her toys, books, etc. feel free to send me a message. i travel with my son occasionally (another trip coming up in april) so i will be happy to give you some tips :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• YEAH RIGHT!!! my dad is 47 and has been a chain smoker since he was 12!!! LOL he would never use the patch! LOL!!! I would rather stop for them to smoke, then have him say "If you want me to wear them damn patches then im just going to smoke in the car!!"
    LOL
    Hes a grumpy old man sometimes hahaha.
    Thanks though!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We took our son on vacation when he was 13 months. I was worried it would be a struggle with him and planned on stopping often, but he was a dream. Just looked out the window and played with some of the toys we brought and napped. He gave us the least amount of trouble out of all the kids.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 7:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• get a portable DVD player and take a couple cute short movies that she likes.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Buy little presents in the dollar store and wrap them. Bring those along with other things that she likes, and only take out the wrapped presents when there is a "crisis" in the back seat. That will give her little surprises to keep her mind of the long ride. Also, make sure you let her run and play when you do take those breaks.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009