What if McCain had won?!

What do you think would have been done differently?

Personally, I don't think anything different would have happened. I would have the same expectations for him and would have given him a chance to figure things out while cleaning up after Bush. (Let's be real, he would have still had to clean up after Bush too)

I did like the guy and I hold no harsh feelings towards him. I was almost ok with him taking office if he had won, until he chose Palin as his VP.

So again, what do you imagine would have been different if he was elected President?

LadyChamp

Asked by LadyChamp at 6:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Let's face it...no matter who won it was and is gonna take TIME to clean up the mess we are in. And who knows if it will ever be "cleaned up". Doesn't matter who is doing it, it's just how it is.
    Anonymous

• Ehh, I agree. He would have done the same things that Obama is doing.
    I wanted Ron Paul to have chance, but unfortunatey it was not to be.
    Anonymous

• The press would be more critical, but there would also be less manic flip flopping from the white house - one day it's a crisis and the next you should just laugh. The Dems would have to keep a tighter muzzle on Pelosi, because he'd be more willing to veto her happy ass. Also, instead of spending several trillion dollars we don't have on stimulus, we would have seen what McCain promised instead - a complete and total gutting of non-essential government expenses.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• How do you know he would have kept those promises NotPacking?
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 7:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• The same way all those Obama supporters "know" that if we just wait around long enough without complaining he'll fix everything?
    I don't, but I paid very close attention at the debates. His plan for immediate relief was the exact opposite of Obama's - his was to cut expenses, Obama's was to spend more money. Obama has definitely done that with bells on, so I have no reason to believe McCain would not have cut expenses.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Im glad he didnt win! Lets give Obama a chance to clean up the mess left behind! He hasnt been president long enough to make things turn in a better direction!
    Anonymous

• We would have bomb, bombed Iran by now. If I had thought McCain was the same man I perceived him to be in 2000 I may very well have voted for him. From where I'm sitting it looks like he sold his soul to get the nod.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I disagree there it does matter who is behind the helm because they weren't talking about doing the same thing.I feel we'd of been better of at least we wouldn't be looking at huge government working us towards socialism.
    Anonymous

• and putting us in even more debt and our children and grandchildren
    Anonymous

• Will 2 yrs be long enough? :-)

Actually I believe we wouldn't be crumpling as fast with McCain and Palin in office. At least Palin won't disappear and actually do her job and McCain would do his job well as Commander in Chief... someone who HAS been a soldier in the war and knows the evils that come with it!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009