I need to know the Alaska state policies for a daycare.I think my daycare is up to no good.

I need to know the policies so I can see if everything is operating legally, because things don't seem legal at my daycare and I feel as if I need to do something/say something. I feel terrible because the owner is a sweet lady, but like most business folk, she just wants money.The workers are great, but the owner tends to go over the child-to-teacher ratio, she doesn't allow the workers to call parents when kids are sick saying it's "Her responsibilty, not theirs", she doesn't have up-to-date emergency records, and I have seen two kids there already that were gravely ill and should've been at home or with a doctor that she told her workers "since we aren't doctors, we cannot assume these children have anything wrong with them.Don't say anything to the parents." I don't want my kids there anymore! But I need to know if she really is going by the book, first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Ok, after reading, it does sound like she isn't following state regs. There are certain laws that have to be met and ratio's and emergency records are a couple. It is her responsibilty to call the parents when the kids are sick. She is not a doc so she shouldn't assume a child isn't sick either. Contact social services and ask how you can get in touch with someone who deals with licensing of day cares. They will be able to give you contact info. If there is a college with a child dev or early childhood program contact them or their bookstore to see if they have copies of state regs for purchase.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Each state does inspections of registered day cares. Call the state (or go online) to see what department handles that. For example -- DCF handles it in florida http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/childcare/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2009