NEED MAJOR ADVICE

My husband and I have been arguing for the past month. We have two kids. The arguments are about money. He went in the super market to but food and did not but the milk for my daughter and told him to go back and get it. he didnt come home and i havent heard from him since yesturday at 2:00pm. I dont know if hes coming back. i threw all of his things to the trash. i know that wasnt a smart thing to do. but if he comes back what do i tell him? what should i do.. i have a cell phone and he doesnt. theres no where to contact him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• It was wrong for him to leave but certainly childish to throw out his things. You guys need to learn how to communicate with each other and how to respect each other. Can you go to counseling?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with MamaChamp. That was very childish. Though, I can completely understand your desire to do that! It's a military joke, a guy cheats on his wife to come home at find all of his TA50 on fire! There is obviously tons of stress in ya'll lives. You need to find a way to come together, and work on things together. It should be you and him against the world, not against each other. Find a way.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sounds as if you guys might need some counseling on how to communicate with eachother.
    LenasMom27

Answer by LenasMom27 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you are the parents.... I feel sorry for your child!!! Parents? is that wht you call yourselves. I feel sorry for your child!! Aren't you supposed to be setting an example for them?? Try to work on communication on an adult level, it will benefit you all!! What does your child think he is doing??
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your relationship could use a little 101. But sounds like a minor fight, but don't let them happen too often your little one may start feeling a little insecure!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Take up marriage counseling to work on your communication. When he comes back, and I am sure he will, suck up your pride and apologize to him. Maybe you two should set some time aside for a date night without the kids so you two can strengthen your relationship and feel more connected. Go out to the coffee shop and calmly talk about the bills and money over coffee. He'll be less likely to flip in public. When things get too frustrating, take a time out. Tell him to give you a break from the conversation, or give him a break if he seems frustrated/angry. Wait until things have cooled off to resume the conversation. Most times this helps you to avoid reacting the wrong way, out of anger/frustration.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2009