Who wants to help Pro-choice Virginia?

If signed into law, Virginia’s “Choose Life” license-plate legislation would direct funds to so-called “crisis pregnancy centers” in Virginia. All crisis pregnancy centers have an anti-choice agenda, and many use deceptive, intimidating, and emotionally manipulative tactics to prevent women from making their own choices about abortion.

The “Choose Life” license-plate bill flies in the face of the principles of the Democratic Party. At the Democratic National Convention last August, the Democratic Party adopted the strongest pro-choice platform in history.

As the leader of the National Democratic Party, Gov. Kaine should uphold his party’s mainstream pro-choice views by vetoing this anti-choice bill in Virginia.

Do you want to help Pro-choice Virginia? If so, then go the the NARAL offical website.

Feel free to discuss the use of state funds for an anti-choice agenda also....

ozarkgirl3

Asked by ozarkgirl3 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Gotcha! On my way now to NARAL now. Thanks.
    (I really need to keep up with this stuff better, especially since I don't want some idiot taking away MY rights to MY body later on).
    Anonymous

• I am not from Virginia so I am not too sure about just how badgered women are at crisis centers there. Not that I think the OP is posting anything that isn't true but it has been known to happen in the past that the subject of abortion makes for very heated debate and facts do seem to get construed.
    Anonymous

• Go back and read the post about Margaret Sanger and how she was a racist and supported eugenics.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 7:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Margaret Higgins Sanger (September 14, 1879 – September 6, 1966) was an American birth control activist, an advocate of negative eugenics, and the founder of the American Birth Control League (which eventually became Planned Parenthood). Although she initially met with opposition, Sanger gradually won some support for getting women access to contraception. In her drive to promote contraception and eugenics, Sanger was a controversial figure.

Margaret Sanger is founder of Planned Parenthood, and the one who inspired Adolf Hitler in his views of eugenics and "murdering socially undesirable people."

Margaret Sanger, through Planned Parenthood, advocated abortions on Afro-Americans in order to eliminate what she called "socially undesirable people". This site is an excellent Afro-American response against Sanger's racist eugenics: Genocide against Afro-Americans
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 7:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

Know this...It has NOTHING to do with a womans right to choose

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• The people who founded the so-called pro-choice movement had ulterior motives. I just thought some of you might like to know that.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes, then they did. Now they don't. I am off to support it. My friend went to one of those places and told me about it - scary shit.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Margret Sanger has nothing to do with a woman's right to choose.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yeah do all you can to shut down charities that have been helpful to those who are unsure or decide to keep their babies or adopt out by giving them support with resources and clothing,food etc.They are a charity to reach out to those who go to them WILLINGLY.None are forced to recieve their help.

What is with some acting like the ONLY choice when a female is unsure and worried is abortion?
    Anonymous

• OP Here- Actually, there is nothing wrong with providing other options to women. The main reason I posted this was b/c

1) I don't believe you should use state income to support an organization that is based off of religious values (as these clinics are)

2) These clinics cll themselves "crisis centers" and misrepresent why they are there. So, esstentially, a woman visits a center to discuss her options, but is given religious rhetoric instead of Un-Biased help.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009