• In the Spotlight:

Pregnant on Paragard??

so now im wondering this..for all of you pregnant or gotton preggers on Paragard (IUD), did a regular PG test tell u? how soon after u were late? dont they make ur test false sometimes? im ten days late today,so i bought atest and it said negative. so shud i still see a dr? im spotting a lil now..so idk what to do. finding a Dr for this is hard! no one wants to take me! (a free clinic anyways. my only option is the ER)

MamaCass2003

Asked by MamaCass2003 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• Google the side effects of paraguard and you will see that you dont' always get your period
    Anonymous

• oh ive done enuf research to sell the things myself!! lol but ive never missed before. been late last couple of months tho..when we had sex this morning,it hurt sooo bad!! and there was a small lump?bump? down by my hip bone,towards the middle of my pelvis..so im thinkin maybe it moved.
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would call your doc. It can implant itself or become lodged.
    Anonymous

MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• yeah..if i dont get my period i will go see a Dr. but if it Is my period then i will wait till its over and go find one. thanks u guys!! any more advice? or first hand stories??
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• well, an update: i did get my period..so im assuming im not PG..but when its stops im going to get a checkup to see if its moved and im gonna see if they will give me a blood pregnancy test. I also threw the idea out to my BF that maybe we should just take the IUD out and get PG now, since we both want kids (his first,my 4) and then I'd get my tubes tied, so i dont have to worry about BC anymore!! so, im waiting for that conversation!!
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009