Im about to lose EVERYTHING!!

i dont know what to do . my husband got laid off and we have no income , havent paid rent or electric. and dont go judging me i am using wifi which is my neighbors internet. what can i do to make money ladies. and i know some of you will throw out wise cracks, but im not going to sell my body. please any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Are you a stay at home mom? How about babysitting? Put the word out to neighbors! Until then your husband needs to apply for unemployment benefits, food stamps, utility assistance or whatever you need to help you get by. Also maybe you could find something on the evenings/weekends until you husband find something else.
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 7:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I feel you:( My house will be under water by Saturday. What do you do? This won't get you rich, but it's a start.

http://workwithmichael.com/

Anonymous

• I am a high school drop out with my GED- Thankfully my fiance makes enough money for us, and I just add to it, I became a hotel maid in housekeeping at the holiday inn. Any hotels near you if this is crappy advise sorry, more info?
    Anonymous

• well to start off with if he just got laid off you need to file for unemployment. you need to go and apply for foodstamps, and medicaid for you kids. you need to make a resume for your husband. the work force center has people in there that is trained to do that and can help him if he needs help. you may want to also go and look for a job until things get better. welfare is not the answer for everything but right now you need to worry about feeding you kids and getting you bills paid. call the people that you owe money to and just explain to them that you need to push you payments back at little.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 8:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• if you two absolutely cant find work anywhere try and get state assistance, see if your city/town has any utility assistance programs...use the wifi you have and look into any kind of help you can get
    breebers

Answer by breebers at 8:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If he got laid off he can get unemployment. Sign up for govt housing Section 8 for rent help. Go get food stamps and medicare. When the utility co sends a disconnect notice there is always an agency who will help pay it for you. You can call the utility co and ask which agencies do that in your area. If you have car payments you may have to sell the car and pay cash for a cheaper car. That should get you started. Just ask questions everywhere you go to get help. They have most of the answers for your community. Good luck with that.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• there is always the military(last resort) try going around your home and finding stuff to sell,
    Anonymous

• This is tax season and alot of people are moving try offering move out and move in basic cleaning services. Ive been in alot of foreclosures going for rent and they look horrible so that may be a good idea. Easter is coming you could try making Easter baskets. Awhile back I became an Avon agent just to get the body sprays and etc cheaper to make baskets for mothers day and etc.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 10:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• this is pretty bad but it could be worse. let it go and start over with the state assistance and just rent. renting is cheaper cause everyone is renting out their soon to be foreclosed homes. my sister in law is moving her family in with her parents to rent their house out for a yr since i guess they are not making it. my husband and i both lost our jobs but we still able to pay for all our bills but maybe your house is worth more or was worth more then ours. so less over head.
    Anonymous

• go and get state help until you both get jobs and back on your feet
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009