Are you in the military and on food stamps?

Just wondering how it works, we have been considering applying for them until after I have my baby and can get a job to help out. Anyone have any info?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on the state you live in. They usually have a WIC office on most bases and they have useful info on all of that.
    Anonymous

• From what I understand it is frowned upon for military to receive food stamps. Your husband will need to check with his CO to see if he is even allowed to apply.
    WIC is no problem because it is a different type of program with different types of regulations and income ranges.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Why would it be frowned upon? When I went to WIC they told me to go to the food stamp office and see if we qualify....and my husband is Army.
    Anonymous