How do you cut the letters out of a picture in Photoshop 6.0?

I really want to learn how to do this? Can someone please explain to me how to do this?!? Thank you very much!!

dea121885

Asked by dea121885 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If I'm understanding your ? right do this:

-Open your photo, select your type tool.
    -Choose your font and the size you want and choose a color you will see easy over the photo
    -Type what you want, then when you're satisfied right click on the type layer and simplify the layer.
    -Drag the type layer underneath the photo. You may have to change the photo to a layer, to do that right click on the photo and select make layer from background.
    -With the photo layer selected, hit ctrl, and click on the ICON in the type layer. The marching ants will now appear around the type.
    -use shift+ctrl+i and that will select the inverse. Your photo layer should still be highlighted in the layers palate, just hit delete on the key board and you now have your letters.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009