Is this normal???

I'm not concerned for the most part with my 14 month old except when it comes to a certain thing that he does. When he is excited about something or when he is just sitting on the floor sometimes he will rock back and forth and move his hands in kind of an odd way. I know this is sometimes associated with autism. Do you think this is normal for a 14 month old or should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• talk to your dr. about it. only he can tell you for sure.. research more about autism & see if it fits your child. good luck.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It may just be one of those quirky toddler things but I'd keep a journal on it just to see exactly how often he does it and under what circumstances then mention it to the pediatrician.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My Daughter (16 months) used to shake her head, what looked like to me, uncontrolably. The doctor said she was learning to say no and yes and just didn't have it down right. I would ask your doctor just to make sure. But he may be learning something and just doesn't have it down yet.
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 8:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009