New at this mommy thing

scared of been a mommy

mommytobe9809

Asked by mommytobe9809 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The best advice I ever got was this:

Don't worry. The baby doesn't know if you screw up or not. And if at the end of the day, you are both still alive and happy, then you did good. You are both still learning - neither of you have done this before. Just do what you feel is best, and don't let anyone tell you any differently.

It really does get better after a while. It is scary at first, but after a while, it just comes naturally.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• And the question is...?
    Anonymous

• It will all come to you, you'll be suprised, your instincts will take over. Even if you never changed a diaper before, you'll soon be a pro.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Read Baby 411

baby411.com

It helped me.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Soon as you hold that baby it should come natural to you. You are responsible for this new bundle of joy. Protect it at all times, give it love, give it comfort, keep it safe. Don't go into motherhood scared. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Hun being a mom is the scariest, hardest, and most rewarding thing! Take it one day at a time. The sleepless nights and diaper changes are over oh to fast and before you know it a young adult is standing in front of you. Love them and everything else will fall into place.
    Anonymous

• I have 5 boys. I still am afraid of screwing up. No ones perfect we just do the best we can and learn from our mistakes.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Are you nervous about being a good mother? I was that way too after my first son was born. But once your baby is here, you'll find that you know more than you think. You'll parent based on instinct and what is comfortable for YOU, not what someone else says. People have been parenting since the beginning of time, and back then, they didn't have the internet and its wealth of advice, but they managed just fine. A lot of parenting is common sense, actually.

It's normal to be nervous but once your baby is here, you'll be fine!

The hardest part is being sleep deprived!! But the days do pass and you'll get used to waking up every 2-3 hours to feed. The first 2 weeks are hardest (at least for me) but you do get used to it. That's what life is all about: getting used to things.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 9:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009