how can i give a enough milk to mt baby

i have a baby girl date of birth is 01 10 2008.till birth she has a snufy nose like some sound.no breathing problem.she cant feed enough.only 3 oz (formula)per feed in between breast milk 4 to 5 minutes in whole day 2,3 times and formula 4 to 5 bottles max.mid night only give breast milk 1,2 times,sometimes 2,3 time.she finally wakeup 1:30 pm.please advice me.thanx

mrs.khurram

Asked by mrs.khurram at 8:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Kids' Health

• my daughter was recently sick, and I took her to the doctor, and he asked about her fluid intake. I told him I was concerned because she was hardly drinking anything throughout the day, MAYBE 18 ounces a day, and he said that so long as she was drinking and it was at least 1/2 of what she normally would, that she would not be in danger of dehydration. He also suggested Pedialyte in place of formula just for the sake of getting fluids into her.

Oh, and she is 10 months old. Birthday is 5-11-08, so she is younger than your daughter and he didn't seem concerned.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think you should consider taking her to the doctor! That's not nearly enough for a toddler over a year old! Is she eating foods though? If she is eating food, then that amount of liquid is okay...I would think though she wouldn't be waking that much at night at her age....

If she's always had a stuffy sounding nose for over a year, has the doctor not done anything about it?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2009