should we sacrifice some privacy to save money?

we have been given the opportunity to live in a house where rent is low because of long time friendship with the in laws, anyway it is only a couple houses away from my inlaws now we live about two blocks away and she comes over all the time and i dont want to live in that house cause she would probably be there more than all the time. oh and the community school is really bad their scores are way below "F" and i refuse my children attending there in the future.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• If it would cause problems all around, then I would say that its not worth the few dollars you would save.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I live 3 houses down from my in laws, and next door to my grandma and on the other side are my parents. It's not that bad, we just let my in laws know the ground rules (no dropping by all the time). And lately it has gotten to where they don't come over at all, we go to their house once a week for them to see the kids. I love being this close to everyone. You just have to tell them to respect your privacy, and remind them when they over step the boundaries.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I used to live in a duplex with my ex's grandparents right next door. It was okay. Kind of nice at times, actually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2009