does sam's club take food stamps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Shopping

• yup!
    Anonymous

• I don't know what state you are in, because in Grand Junction, Colorado our Sam's Club DOES NOT ACCEPT FOOD STAMPS!!!!!!
    GmomIvonne

Answer by GmomIvonne at 8:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i live in homestead florida and BJ take food stamps
    Anonymous

• They do not. One of the reasons I liked working for them. When I worked and Walmart we took them and it was a nightmare dealing with many of the food stamp mommas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They just started to because of the recession. I am a member and we love this place.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=580#q1

Can I use food stamps at Sam's Club?

As a service to our members during the current economic environment, we have recently started accepting government issued EBT cards for the purchase of products within our clubs in select locations. While our intention is to accept EBT at Sam's Clubs nationwide, we are still in the process of activating it. We encourage members to check with local state agencies for details or their nearest Sam's Club.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

And how exactly is that different from dealing with any other customer?  What an IGNORANT statement.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree anon 858.

It's best to call your local store and ask as you see there are different answers.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I also agree with anon 8:58
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Actually, YES some Sam's clubs are excepting EBT. I live in TN. and our Sam's just started excepting them this past Feb. due to the economic crisis. Yes...I also agree anon 8:58. I for one have fallen on hard times and for the first time in my life we now qualify for EBT...It is the only reason we have food on the table. My husband worked his butt off for 11years just to get laid off with no notice. Does that make me less of a person??? Not all people abuse the system some actually use it for it's intended purpose...A leg up. Lord for bid that happen to you, Im sure you would feel differently.
    Anonymous