What do you do when you're pregnant and you don't really want another baby?

I have two boys already and I had finally gotten my body back in shape. I'm not a heartless person and I'm obviously going to have the baby I'm just not very happy about it. Anyone out there know what I'm going through?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have said I didn't want a baby NOW...and I have had many many internal arguments with myself about "just be happy and get over it- there's nothing you can do about it now" (I am personally- for MYSELF anti-abortion- I don't presume to judge others) but when the reality of it set in, honestly when the doctor confirmed, and now every time I feel her kick, I am feeling a lot of excitement and impatience.

When the line first showed up I thought about how my career plans would be screwed up- but now- I don't know- maybe it is a blessing in disguise. I also had been losing weight.

since you have decided you are going to have the baby there really is only one thing to do- change your plans and make it work- and never let your baby know for a moment that you doubted wanting him/her.

I found it helped to give her a name- we called her muffin before we knew her gender- now she is Gabriella, I am 6 months pregnant.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• adoption is always an option. it wont mean you are heartless. otherwise, find a way to get happy about it! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• if i got pregnant again i would probably cry, scream, and then throw myself off a cliff, and then get used to the fact that im having another baby. i might consider adoption :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I had an abortion, but that's just me. I have no problem knowing when I can't handle another kid.
    Anonymous

• the 3rd time I got pregnant I wasn't ready either. My body was the best it had been in years. I didn't think I could handle one more. I was upset at first, but after being pregnant for a couple weeks I knew it was okay, and now that I have her I couldn't imagine life without her.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If it were me, I'll have 9 months to accept it and when the baby arrives, it'll be hard to do the sleepless nights again but I have to because my baby is counting on me. The first month will be hard but the days do pass and I will get used to having an infant around again. I'll realize that this baby needs me to survive, so while I may be unhappy with being sleep deprived and having to feed around the clock again, I will look at my baby and realize that he/she did not ask to be born but is here now, so I better take care of it. It's the innocence (sp?) of the baby that will get me to be happy, when I look at his eyes and see how young they are, I'll be glad he/she is here.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 9:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009