please help ladies..need advice bad

okay my DD is 8 months and this past week she has been HORRIBLE!! she has been clingy and constantly fussy and i havent used the CIO method so i rock her to sleep, but lately she will wake up as soon as i lay her down! im so fed up im about to just let her CIO but i haaate that method. but i cant stand it!! and im afriad that if i leave her with someone other than my family she wont go to sleep for them or something.
What should i do about the fussiness and clingyness? Also, should i just let her cry it out? she is so needy and cries like someone is murdering her :( im bout to break down cuz its so hard being a single mom!!! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like she is teething momma. My daughter cut her first 2 teeth right after she turned 8 months.

Try some tylonal, some teething tablets, teething gel, or some orajel.

And hang on, she needs you right now. She is hurting and doesn't understand what is going on. Give all the love you have to give, and it should be over soon.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well, it could be any number of things, from teething to her being extra hungry from a growth spurt! Or she could be getting sick! You can't spoil a baby under 1, so just be there for her, and put her in her bed and take a quick time out for yourself if you start feeling overwhelmed. Good luck, hope things get better soon :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• oh man i hope thats all it is!! she has her 2 bottom teeth already. and i dont see any bumps yet up top....i just hope this is only a phase!
    Anonymous

• oh yeah i thought it was because she was hungry but i dont think she is too fond of baby food lately. idk what else to give her...any ideas? and when i put cheerios or something like that in front of her she just throws it on the floor. so then that makes me think shes not taht hungry (and this is after i attempt to give her baby food)
    Anonymous

• I've heard babies who wake when put in their bed, when they WERE asleep in your arms, are reacting to the cold sheets shocking them. Maybe switch to flannel or jersey sheets, and put a heating pad on the bed while you rock her. Remove the pad just before laying her down, for a toasty bed.

REMEMBER-Remove the pad!! Do not let a baby or child sleep with a heating pad!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• it sounds like she's teething....I give my DD a couple teething tablets before I feed her. that way she is not uncomfortable. I odn't like the CIO method at all. it's not good. I just got the "No cry sleep solution" book and its great. but you need to love and cuddle her. It sounds like she really needs it. but try the tylenol and teething tablets. Mine has her 2 bottoms also and she is teething bad even tho I don't really see any bumps yet.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Just be patient, I know it can be frustrating but just remember babies need to feel secure and safe and what better place than in mommy's arms. Im sure it is just a phase so just suck it up and at the end of the day you will feel good knowing that you were patient and loving. If your real worried than make an appt. with her pedi.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Are you against letting her sleep with you for now? It might let you both get some sleep and you can always transition her back to her own bed when she grows out of this phase.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 9:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I dont wanna worry you but it could also be acid reflux. Babies can behave like that for awhile. Take her to her docter just to be on the safe side.
    faerymommie

Answer by faerymommie at 9:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• 8 months old?Yeah Id let her CIO ,say 10 minutes.She obviously doesnt want you to put her down and your just going to have to work past that.Also Id encourge familly to take her for short outings/adventures away from mom,she needs it.

My lil boy is almost 8 months I diaper him,cloth him etc and put him in bed.He has a sippy of formula before bed but he MIGHT fuss a minute or so and is out,when you stay consistant they learn fast.
    Anonymous