What are the chances of getting pregnant after switching bc?

So last month I switched from Yaz to Yasmin because Yaz is wayyyy to expensive! anyway.. I am now taking the placebo pills and there's no period.. I had a little bit of the start of a period before I was even done taking the active pills and then nothing. and there's still nothing. its been like 3 days.. Is there a higher risk of unwanted pregnancy when you switch pills? or maybe I'm just not having a period because of the switch? Idk. The Yasmin is a higher dose of hormones than Yaz. Should I be worried or just chill out lol Thanks!! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your body needs time to adjust to the hormones of your new pills. When switching pills your health care provider should have advised you on the risks of pregnancy during the switch. At any rate, your body usually takes at least one month to adjust to new pills during this time Drs. will advise a patient to use a back up form of BC to be safe. However, BC is usually quite effective after the first week and if you switched to the BC at the time you were ending your Yaz pack then I don't think there would be a problem unless you skipped a dose. To me it sounds like your body is adjusting to the new pack of BC (which can include a lighter periods or no period at all)...if you are worried I would take a pregnancy test to alleviate your worries. Good luck!
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well I never talked to my doctor just the receptionist at her office but she never said anything about using a backup method. I'm sure it's just because of the switch.. I just wasnt sure if there was anyone else who had this same problem. Thank you so much though for your response
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2009