*67 to block your phone number?

I used a friends' cell phone to call my student loan company and get them paid. Now, even though I paid them (and it has already cleared the bank), and I do not have another payment until the end of April, they are calling my friends' phone asking for me! If I have to call them again using someone elses phone can I use the block number (*67) to block that number from showing up? Will it work or will they still see which number I am calling from and start harrassing that person?

(My home phone service has problems which is why I was using a friends' phone, I didn't want to lose the call in the middle).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not sure. I thought it is supposed to block your number and if they can see it will tell you to unblock it to make the call. But maybe next time you can use a pay phone so that they cannot harass your friends or family.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• if you star 67 it will come up as private or unavailable number.

Sheenalynne

Answer by Sheenalynne at 9:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• That's what I thought but I heard that some companies can still see the number when you call.
    Anonymous

• I just don't want my friend (or anyone else for that matter) to be harrassed again.
    Anonymous

• *67 to block but if it's not actually unlisted they can trace it and find out whos it is.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Is it an 800 number? If so they'll still see the number.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I might have to do the pay phone thing... do they still exist, lol. This company is the worst! They start calling me a month before payments are even due! I'm like, I have the bill in my hand and it says it is due on ___ date, that's still 3 weeks away. Why are you calling me every single day, several times a day? They say they are allowed to call before the payment is due as a "reminder." Ummm..... hello! Isn't that what the bill is for???
    Anonymous

• If there calling you several times a day every single day to reminder you to pay, that is harassment. i suggest going to the police and filing a harrasment report, these companies tend to saythey have the right to call you if you owe them money but fact is they have no right to call you every single day, several times a day especially if you have told them you will pay by a certain date.

Sheenalynne

Answer by Sheenalynne at 12:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2009