Stalking?

Unless I have the definition wrong, because I'm not up to date with all the terms on cm. If you argue with someone on cm in the answers area, I've seen people say "you are stalking me" I just thought they felt really strongly about the post or were just bickering. I guess to me stalking is what pedophiles do to kids on the internet, not arguing on a mom's site. If I am wrong about the definition of stalking, please tell me, I'm honestly curious, I want to know!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Haha! No you are right! Some moms here use it to describe other moms who go to their pages to get information on them then use it in the public forums. Some moms do chase each other around in different posts too. It's all quite silly and nothing as serious as your example. The actual offense of stalking is horrible...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There are moms that go from post to post stalking a certain member on purpose, constantly writing rude things and harassing.
    Anonymous

• When someone follows someone around and that person has said stop and they don't it's stalking. Ppl can cyber stalk too. If it goes to there page, and they follow them around harassing them in other post they're stalking. more then pedophiles stalk.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• stalking.. come on ladies... it is cafemom!! grow up.. there shouldn't be stalking here..
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• well three for now there is stalking on here i have an anon on my posts all the time saying crap people do do it and all becuz of the anon button
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• stalk 2 (stôk)
    v. stalked, stalk·ing, stalks
    v.intr.
    1. To walk with a stiff, haughty, or angry gait: stalked off in a huff.
    2. To move threateningly or menacingly.
    3. To track prey or quarry.
    v.tr.
    1. To pursue by tracking stealthily.
    2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.
    3. To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It is the childish, pathethic attempt to be the big bully on campus cm, so to speak. Most of it is contrived and fabricated in their minds and solicited on poor victims that are way and beyond their level of intelligence and upbringing.It is harmless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• One and she has stopped . But otherwise it is not bad at all.
    Anonymous