Is there anything more annoying or condescending.....

...than a judgmental person with waaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands ASSUMING that because you didn't make similar parenting choices to them, that you are somehow less informed or uneducated? Don't you sometimes wonder that if they have so much free time to "educate" peons like us, who the Hell is raising THEIR children?

feministmama

Asked by feministmama at 9:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Let the games begin lol

Anonymous

• well, that oughta liven things up around here :)
    Anonymous

• Haha, I know!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It seriously makes me just want to delete my account. Its no fun in here anymore. No matter WHAT the topic, someone will find a way to stir up crap and suck the fun out of it. Egh.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Hellllo Mama! It is a bunch of women. LOL Come on you gotta laugh!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 9:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i love these responses.. haha!
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• LOL coke2pep, that's about right!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My mother was an uneducated woman but the smartest woman I know and I have several college degrees. I'm academically educated but she knew so much more about life than I'll ever know. personally I think SAHM are brilliant and talented and organized and should be praised so if someone gives you grief or looks down on you then just realize it is THEIR issue and not your's. They have the problem and like you said, they need to be tending business. Since all my kids are grown I get to stay and play though! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• What does being a woman have to do with it? That's a very sexist sentiment.
    Yes, my question was a little sarcastic, but does it not annoy anyone else when you are assumed to be less intelligent or informed than another person because you make different choices?
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 9:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Is there anything more annoying or condescending.....
    ...than a judgmental person with waaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands ASSUMING that because you didn't make similar parenting choices to them, that you are somehow less informed or uneducated?

Yes - someone who assumes that because you don't follow the same religion you are less informed, uneducated and destined straight for Hell whether you believe in it or not
    Anonymous