when solicitors come to the door..

do you have any fantasies of how you handled them, also what is the weirdest thing you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Entertainment

• I didn't answer the door (even though me and my siblings were making a ton of noise and it was obvious there were people home) and obnoxiously closed the front blinds/curtains.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My hubby created a sign that says NO SOLICITORS!!! THIS MEANS YOU!!! and there is a finger pointing at them... brother...
    Anonymous

• I stand there and talk to them for as long as possible but at the end I say "I'm not interested nor was I ever. Doesn't it suck when people waste your time" I used to be a telemarkter so I know time is money and the longer you talk to them the more money they lose out on.... I do this with telemarketers too
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Here is my solicitor sign..It is on my front door, and yes it is in all caps:
    NO SOLICITORS!!!!
    YOU ARE REQUIRED BY THE APARTMENT MANAGER TO HAVE SOMETHING IN WRITING AUTHORIZING YOU TO SOLICIT BEFORE YOU KNOCK ON THE DOOR.
    ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE SEE THE MANAGEMENT OR LOOK AROUND FOR THE "NO SOLICITORS" SIGNS POSTED AROUND THE PROPERTY
    THANK YOU. GO BOTHER SOMEONE ELSE. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL, WHAT RELIGION YOU ARE TRYING TO CONVERT US TO, OR WHAT CHARITY YOU SUPPOSEDLY REPRESENT.

We used to get a lot of solicitors and people mining the neighborhood looking for military families so a few years ago, I put up that sign and nobody has come to try to sell their meat, magazines, etc. Even my neighbors and some of the pizza delivery guys have asked for one.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I usually don't answer the door for them. I can't afford to buy anything anyway.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We don't get any now that we have moved to the country but we used to get them all the time in town. I hated it. Mostly it was JW's or Mormons. My husband got fed up one day (thrid time in a week this church had been to our neighborhood). He answered the door and said, "You interrupted my sacrificing a chicken for this???"

Yes, he's rude. But they didn't come back to our house again, I think they put our address on a list or something. We'd watch them walk through the neighborhood and avoid looking at our house.
    Anonymous

• I use to hid behind the door saying I'm beastfeeding my child. They usually don't come back. Now since I found out SC law says I onl;y have to state I have a gun they leave. Who knew how effective it is to say that. Cause by law I only have to state I have a gun before shooting someone through the door. I don't have a gun but hey they don't need to know that.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• "I have a gun" lol. Omg,that seems a bit harsh for solicitors,but whatever works :)

I just dont answer the door anymore. I used to be nice,polite and stand there and listen while they tried to sell me studybooks,etc. but after awhile you get tired of that and it wastes time. So I do have a sign that says NO SOLICITORS.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I create the biggest "get the fuck off my lawn" face that I can and don't say anything. They usually leave.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• UNLESS its kids. With kids we usually are suckers and buy whatever just to support them (usually girl scouts or sports teams or what not). If not, we thank them and move on.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009