Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will they try and take him away?

my dh is a sex offender for a bogus molestation case. i mean obviously i wouldn't be with him or even think about having kids if i would think they will be in any danger so i'm just wondering do you think cps will try and take our son away once he is born?? we have everything for him. a safe environment and a clean home i just don't think i could even handle myself if they try and take away my son, i'm so messed up over this and i dont need the stress. it makes me cry, i just want a family and a normal life with my son and husband its not fair.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (19)
  • well i would have to call and ask somone it would be my child before any man

    Answer by jodi205 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • i shouldn't have to choose thats the crazy part. and i can always have more kids we can move to a diff state.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • You should really contact an attorney to ask them. Like jodi205 said, I would pick my child over any man. Are you sure you were given ALL the info on the case? Just asking not trying to start anything.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • if he is a registered sex offender , the record follows him where ever he goes and hell have to register in that state. its the law, i dont know if theyd take your son, but i do know its the law and he has to obide by it or it will cause more problems down the road.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • i know that but in illinois you are only registered for 10 yrs in the state we r in now its 25. and yes i know everything about the case i read it and the police reports

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • i would contact an attorney. and i would also want to make sure that i had all the fact on the case. as a victim of child molestation, i would never take the situation lightly. it has greatly impacted my life and who i am....i would be devastated if that happened to my little girl or my SKs.

    Answer by aly38914290 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • What do you mean you can always have more kids and move to another state? You mean let them take this one and you can have new ones INSTEAD? That statement is pretty unsettling to me. But maybe I'm reading it wrong (I hope).

    Answer by mommabeth15 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • A lot of it depends on why he had to register. I would check with an attorney.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • If it was bogus, why is he not still fighting to clear his name instead of having been convicted and letting it sit?

    Is he on probation? If so, and it's part of his probation (or parole) then being around kids might be a violation and he could be put in jail.

    Yes, it is possible that if you choose to stay with him CPS could take your child because you chose to "put the baby in danger" by living with a registered sex offender.

    You better speak with a lawyer.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

  • no matter what you should choice the baby over the man and yes if he is a child molester they will take the child from you if he lives with are at least they would in Texas.That does not mean you can not see him he just can not live with you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.