Babies and Vaccuming...

How does your baby (what age?) react to you vaccuming? I was just wondering if I have a fearless little daredevil on my hands...
I was vaccuming today and Evan (6 1/2 mo) crawled right up to it and started trying to climb on top of it while I was still going! And our vaccuming is way loud too lol

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 9:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son is 2 and has always been that dare devil too. He won't leave the vacuum alone. He runs up to it and wants me to take the hose and suck his tummy. He walks behind me and holds the cord and moves the furniture for me. Either I have a dare devil or a great hubby in the making lol!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 9:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 2 months and she loves it...it calms her down and she'll go to sleep
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My son Evyn is 2 years old and he hates it. He runs and jumps up on the sofa and says " I scared of vacuum"......LOL. He's so funny. I'm not sure why he's scared of it, but he is.
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My son is 7 months and chased it around as my husband vacuumed the other day. He was interested in the noise and lights.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My 9 month old HATES it. When I turn it on you would think she saw a ghost.. Poor baby, but mommy has to vacuum..lol
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Both of my kids chase after it! My 8 month old loves to watch it go by and my 2 year old get pissed when she can't do it herself! They've never had issues and I purposely have gone out of my way to do it while they're sleeping and they snooze right on through. No issues here! I must have fearless daredevils, too!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• All three of my sons chased the vaccuum starting very young. My 9 month old now won't leave it alone I have to put it away when I am not using it because he thinks it is a jungle gym.

Be careful though, because my second son burned himself on one of our vaccuums once, it got really hot while I was vaccuuming and I didn't know so he touched the hot part and burned his hand. That was a couple years ago and I think now they make vaccuums with pieces covering the parts that get hot, I know mine doesn't get hot but I made sure by touching it everywhere I thought the baby would touch it after I was done vaccuuming and it was nice and cool.

Oh an by the way, eventhough my son burned his hand on the vaccuum, he still would chase it everytime I turned it on.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 10:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• awww... my son just turned 2 and he is scared of the vacum, as soon as i pull it out he starts to fuss and once it comes on he will run to his room and not come out until its off
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• slgross get your little one a play vacuum my daughter was super scared of ours until we got her one and now she gets mad if i vacuum without her!!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• He loved the vacuum until he was about 15 months old. Now he is a little leery of it. He runs if it gets too close to him. He is almost 2 BTW.

lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009