Info overload...

O.k. so i'm 10 1/2 weeks pregnant,, 24 years old not exactly in the best position for having a child(it's unplanned). I'm not yet an "excited" mommy. All of my friends have 1 or more kids so it's not that new to me. I'm a smoker, so since i found out(at 4 wks) i have cut down to a few puffs to none a day/week. I'm not the best eatter in the world but not the worst either i've cut my caffine intake down to almost none. Anyway to the point...lol There is SO MUCH info about how to take care of yourself/baby etc. it's just too much does anyone have a website, book,, anything that just breaks it down easily? I want to do the best i can but i still feel like a kid and just don't feel like my life is ready and i feel like any small thing i do could be harmful. I feel like there is so much i don't know about all this. ugh overwhelmed i guess. Sorry i rambled but i haven't vented much since i found out. Also first doc appt in a week

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/159_823.asp for the diet

www.safefetus.com will tell you what drugs are safe and which are harmful (both OTC and Rx)

If you want to message me I have a plethora of info on diet, quitting smoking aides (I too was a smoker when I found out I was pregnant) and some other tid bits
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 10:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Oh, forgot to mention. When it comes to diet the less processed the better. Stay away from lunch meats and hot dogs if you can. Try to introduce more whole foods into your diet - yeah that means having to cook lol. Now is a good time to implement some organics if you can.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 10:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• The pregnancy book by dr. sears, and they also have the birth book. Alot of stuff is biased on a certain way to think (medical vs. natural kind of thng) but he and his wife write these and they are very good about telling it all without being biased and giving all the info for alot of topics good and bad so that you can make your own decisions knowing what you are up against. Congrats by the way, and it sound luike you are really getting a good start looking ahead like this, good job!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Kudos for the steps you have taken so far... they are important. I absolutely HATE the book 'what to expect when you're expecting' but it has a lot of information in it.

i like www.babycenter.com and other websites like that, i just google what i wanna know and usually it goes to babycenter or other similar websites. if you prefer books i'm sure someone will have a recommendation for you, but i'm a Google kind of girl...lol

I got pregnant with my first at age 20 and so I know what you mean about feeling like a kid. It gets better. Hell, sometimes I still feel like a kid, but I think it makes me a better mom.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 10:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i would just think of whats best for an adult and that helps. like in our religion we have whats called the word of wisdom and that is a guide line of whats healthy and whats not. like not drinking, smoking, caffeine and illegal drugs etc. so just try to continue to not smoke, minimal caffeine etc etc. make sure you take your prenatal tablets.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There is a reason why a pregnancy is 9 months. You go through different stages. The stage you are in right now is the stage where you still can't quite belive that you are actually pregnant. You haven't felt the baby yet, you are not showing etc. Don't worry, it will come to you. Concerning the food issue, just make sure you eat healthy and varied. And try to stay away from processed foods and fast food. Good for you about the smoking and caffeine and a lot more. Good luck.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• BabyTalk magazine is great.

Also " Your pregnancy week by week" is a book written by two doctors that breaks development and your needs down to a week by week set up. I LOVED this book it told me everything if not more than I needed to know about taking care of myself and my baby and I didnt have to search through different websites and books.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009