My DD has threw up the last two times she ate a hot dog w/ fries........

Is there any reason why she would do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• it is probably something in the hotdog causing it OR the grease on the fries.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Are the hot dogs from the same package? If they are, they might be borderline expired and her body can't handle it.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would throw up too! Hotdogs are gross!

But really maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the food, maybe she just has a bug.
    Anonymous

• stop feeding her garbage
    Anonymous

• Her body obviously cant handle them. So........try peanut butter and jelly when you want a quick meal ;)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• to ANON 10:29, I didn't ask what i should feed my daughter. I know that hot dogs are not good for you but what is wrong with a child have them MAYBE twice a month?????? I cook almost every night and when we go out to eat, then I let her eat what she would like!
    Anonymous

• Maybe she just eats too much of it. That could cause throwing up. Those other witches can shut the hell up, hot dogs don't have to be garbage, esp if all beef or esp if all turkey. Thats what i feed my kiddo.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Oh my god I love hotdogs even though they are "gross" BUT an udercooked or non cooked hot dog can carry listeriosis which is a certain type of bacteria that more or less gives you food poisening. Its super dangerous if your preggo but mostly just irritating when your not. Keep her hydrated and go with either a clear liquid diet for a little bit or a very bland diet for a day or so. Don't let someone make you feel bad about feeding your kid hot dogs. Kids love them and they all have to meet the FDAs standard to be sold. If these were hotdogs from home you might just want to throw out whats left of them. In order for listeriosis to be killed the hot dog needs to be heated well past steaming. I hope this helps
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Does she wolf it? My son has a tendency to eat like he's never seen food before when it's food we don't typically make at home (ie. fried foods, chips, etc). He's been known to eat so fast he throws it all back up.
    Anonymous

• Too much? Not chewing well enough? It's happened with my boys a couple of times.

Is it JUST with those foods? Does it happen only when those foods are in combination? Does it happen with hot dogs and another food? Does it happen with fries and another food?

My kids love hot dogs!! We actually have them once a week. *gasp*
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009