How do i get through it alone?

How Am I supposed to go through pregnacy with no one by my side?

brandiilov.

Asked by brandiilov. at 10:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Be strong. I'm not sure if you mean w/o the "dad" or just in general but i'll answer as if you mean being a single mom. I did it. I was VERY angry through my pregnancy that the dad wasn't there and I wish I hadn't focused so much on him now. I wish I could've focused more on the time being pregnant & the wonderful miracle growing inside of me. Remind yourself of @ least 1 positive thing a day & remind yourself of it all day. Going through this will make you a stronger person. Take this time to really bond with your baby and GET EXCITED that you get to experience all these wonderful moments. Don't let anyone take that from you. Smile a lot! Never doubt yourself. & cry whenever you want to. Embrace all your emotions! & Don't ever think you can't do it. When you see those little eyes, and that precious face while holding those tiny fingers NOTHING else matters. -Cont-
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Ask your OB/Gyn for a pregnancy support group for single moms.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• you can do it just take one day at a time i have been there done that when i was only 16 years old it will make you a stronger woman you can do it! Sorry that you going through this and feeling so alone.....if u need someone to talk to u can PM me ...... keep ur head up God made women strong!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Womed do amazing things they never thought possible for their babies, you wil find a way...just necause you are single doesnt mean you cant get support from family and friends. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• it isn't easy but your really have no choice in the matter it seems so you just keep plugging away and thinking of the end result. in time it gets easier. use the advice given get into a support group or maybe start your own if none around.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I did it and I was so upset for a while but now I am so much closer to my baby :P
    Anonymous

• You could be surrounded by hundreds of people and the only thing you care about in that moment is the precious gift in your arms. Start making memories now. I wrote a lot and that really helped me cope (i had actually ended things in a hormonal rage and was pissed he didn't fight for me) I wrote all my emotions down that were negative and made me feel bad and then after our son was born it didn't matter anymore. I burned the notebook to release all those feelings and make more room for love instead of negative thoughts. I also kept a 'pregnancy journal" that I wrote letters to my son and I still to this day write him in the same journal. They are always loving and fun info about him and it made me realize later in my pregnancy how much the baby inside mattered more then anyone or anything else. Good Luck with everything. Your going to be a great mommy. If you ever need to talk write me.. I'll be more then happy to listen
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't know if you are religous or not but if you are you already know you are never alone. If you are not now is a good time to find yourself and God so that you won't feel like you are going through this experience alone. As my pregnancy comes to an end I have to say it has already been one of the biggest blessings of my life and I don't even have the baby to hold yet! This is an experience like no other and yes it is an emotional rollercoaster at times....even in the fantasy scenario! Focus on th positive... that beautiful baby you are creating inside of you and let the rest go. None of it matters any more. You will be a stronger, better mommy to your baby. You can do it and dont let anyone or anything convince you otherwise. It wont be easy but just like everything else in life the easy way isnt always the best way and anything in life worth doing is hard work! Good luck!
    jmeagan

Answer by jmeagan at 11:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i've gone through my pregnancy with the support of my friends and family and my little boy and i'm almost finished...don't worry i had the same question when i found out i was pregnant and if i can do it anyone can. you'll be just fine don't sweat it...good luck
    SpringMommy07

Answer by SpringMommy07 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Use your friends and family for support. You can look into hiring a doula who is paid to be your birth partner/coach and to simply be a friend. Or talk to other women on here =) Were all open to meeting new people.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009