How long are newborn babies in newborn size diapers for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait to buy them until the baby is born. You can stock up on some larger sizes if you want, but you may end up getting NB dipes and never needing them.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 10:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think my son was in them for 2 months at the most. Basically until they're 10 pounds I think.
    Anonymous

• mine was never in newborn he was in size one when he was born ....its just how big they are ...not long tho they grow FAST!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• All I have to say is, don't buy them in the huge box!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• mine stayed in newborns for about a month...then she moved up to size 1...now she is in size 2, and she is almost 4 months old
    grippy_bits08

Answer by grippy_bits08 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yeah I bought these and had a 9lb baby...who knew! Honestly though I think they are a waste of money.
    Anonymous

• my son was never in newborn diapers. was already in 1s at the hospital and about a month later was in 2s. now he is 9 months and has already been in 4s for about a month.
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• 1 week lol
    cutiepieusa879

Answer by cutiepieusa879 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My son was in those for about two or three weeks before we moved up to size 1's. I would just have one package on hand, but stock up more on size 1's. Even if you run out of the newborn diapers, the size 1's will fit. Just slightly bigger. My son was in and out of newborns, size 1's and 2's. He stayed in 3's for a long time. We just upped him to 4's, even though they are a bit big on him.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My first could have worn size 1 right away, but I had a pack of newborn diapers, so I used them. They weren't too small or anything, but size 1 wouldn't have been too big, is all. My second wore NB for just under two weeks. If you have a big baby, you don't need them, but if you have a small one, you can need them for up to 2 or 3 months. I get one pack before the baby is born, just in case. Most times you do at least use that, and if you have a really huge baby that really is just too big, you can always give them to a friend having a baby.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009